And so if you haven't already heard, last Friday was the unofficial last day of school. Or at least for the Secondary 4s. And I didn't show. Here's where the pang of regret sets in.
And also, if you haven't already heard, Xian Jin made a drawing dedication to the class (which can be found here <-- there) and Bertram(Brandon) lend his voice (which can again be found there --> here).
And so that set me thinking. Maybe I should draw something too? Orrr maybe I should sing a self-composed song with my zilch musical background. Or maybe I'll just draw a singing picture.
Nah. I suck at both either ways.
So I'll just thank God for my friends.
I'll thank God for my teachers.
I'll thank God for Fairfield. -----
Thank You Whatever Comes written by: Dara Stewart, Fran Lucci and Danny Powers cover by: Shane August
I was a loner and a roamer You couldn't touch my heart I was the only owner I wasn't blind I just needed some time to notice what was missing in my life Then you brought the light of a new day You showed me how to love in a different way You opened my arms and taught me to dance and I'm grateful for the second chance
Thank you whatever comes for the sunlight in my hair and the grace to feel it there Thank you whatever comes for the moments we make now cause yesterday's done Thank you whatever comes
I had a dream and a vision had to have it all I walked alone on a mission Somehow I lost my soul on the road to the top and as I watched my bridges burn I had to stop and check out the view on the way there and all the people in my life who still seemed to care
Look at me now baby I'm learning to fly in the freedom of the open sky
Thank you whatever comes for the gift of this new day and the grace enough to say Thank you whatever comes for the moments we make now cause yesterday's done Thank you whatever comes
We leave our footprints here forever so let's celebrate each step we take together I want to take each step with you
Thank you whatever comes for the moments we make now cause yesterday's done Thank you whatever comes for the first day of spring and the song that I sing to remind me for the moon up above and the people I love Thank you!